Sunday, November 2, 2008

BILLY

A lot of people didn't know him, but I did, and very well. Billy was my dog, a wiener dog, who passed away this last Wednesday, October 29.  I didn't know it until the night of the 30th, when my mom finally had the guts to let out the bad news. 

Those have been a very bad couple days. I've been about to melt down, and I don't know what to do. Not only because of the fact that I was really attached to that dog, but also because there is a whole bunch of other problems that are coming along, and not letting me sleep very well at night.

Sometimes I wonder why problems come all at once. Heavenly Father probably has a reason for that. Go figure... (my new favorite expression)

All I know is that, together with trials, come the blessings. I have also been blessed this weekend. I will just make sure tomorrow that the blessing really came. Again I don't think I deserve half of the blessings I'm given, but again... GO FIGURE Heavenly Father. His infinite mercy has played a big role in my life, especially lately.

Coming back to my dog, it has been a hard process of overcoming his death. My mom and my dad are trying to get used to the house without him, and mom told me it has been hard on both of them, and also on the other animals that we have: another dog named Suzy, and the two cats. They wonder around the house looking for Billy, they are quiet and not wanting to do anything... Animals have feelings and sensitivity as well. At least I am not there, and wasn't not there to witness what happened, otherwise I'm sure it would have been even harder on me.  I have kept for a long time three little doll dogs that look just like Billy, and a picture of him, as well as a sign that says "Our perfect companions never have fewer that four feet" in my room since I have moved to Rexburg. That's how important he was for me. 

People keep telling me "it's just a dog". Again, we are "just people", right? And still it hurts on us. Just who knew him would know what I am talking about.

Now it's about overcoming everything. This week has potential to be great, and I hope it will be. I'm departing to San Jose, California this Wednesday, in search of an internship. Maybe I'll have some success there.  I better organize my stuff and start packing, so I don't stress over all the crap I have to get ready before the trip.

Hope you all have a great week. I'll be posting Halloween pictures soon.

5 comments:

Trevor, Kika, Olivia said...

I knew Billation and he isn't "just a dog", he is part of the family and so loved! I miss him too!!! He is playing with Marley in Heaven :)

Helgation, tell me about the blessings, I am curious! If you think you have too many, send me some, heheheiwqhhdjshkhdsfjh

brincadeiraaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

beijus sua tchonga love you!!! :)

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Oh Helga I am so, so sorry to hear about Billy. I cried for days and days when my childhood dog died. Her name is Missy. Don't even bother with people who say he was "just a dog". Some people just don't get it.

I'm proud of your attitude though in the middle of all of your drama. Good luck on your trip!

Love me 2Times said...

Hi Helgationnnnn, ahahaha


have a nice week


kisses a lot

The Bryan's said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dog! I have been wanting to say Hi for the longest time. It is nice we can keep in touch through blogs. Have fun on your trip!!

Annie said...

Oi Helga,
Lamento saber que Billy morreu. Ele realmente foi um membro da sua familia e me lembro como sua mae gostou dele.
Diga oi pra sua mae. Quero que ela saiba que eu lembro os almocos gostosos na sua casa!
Ate mais,
Ladd