Sunday, December 7, 2008

Counting the Days for Christmas...

Days 6 & 7.

Instead of quoting the prophets, today I want to do something different...

These two couple of days were very interesting for me. Yesterday when I came home, there was a note on my bedroom door that said:" #207 Helga (Calling, Tithing Settlement) with the Bishop 12/7/2008 at 4:10." That note left me puzzled. Not because of the Tithing Settlement, but because of the calling thing. "Don't I already have a calling?" - I thought. And off to bed I went.

Woke up this morning, tried to do some homework because it's finals week and even though I didn't procrastinate in many of the things I still have a ton to do, and got ready to go to Church. It was great! When I first got there I wasn't very excited to be honest, but as time passed I was able to feel a strong spirit by the time the Relief Society lesson was done.

All of a sudden Jason (the ward executive secretary) came over to me and asked me if I wanted to meet with the Bishop earlier... I liked the idea and there I went...

After Tithing Settlement, bishop started telling me that they were rearranging the Relief Society... I bursted out laughing! He looked at me a little puzzled and I replied: "I knew it!" I actually had a gut feeling the last night... So anyways here I am, the new Relief Society first counselor. I told the Bishop I was scared but I'd take the challenge. He went on to say: "Your enthusiasm and spirit will make up for the language barrier that you say you have." Isn't he sweet?

I love my ward and the chance it gives me to feel the spirit every Sunday. The Spirit of Christmas this month, but most of all, The Spirit of CHRIST all year long!

2 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

Helga, that is awesome. And I think you are far less confident in your linguistic skills than you should be :). You will be brilliant, and those girls are lucky to have you!!!

Trevor, Kika, Olivia said...

eita que chique!!!! parabens sua tchonga!1 quero ta na tua ala! gostchei de tu como conselheira! e language barrier de HMMM eh HMMMM :)

heheheheeh

love iuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!