Monday, February 22, 2010

Starting Fresh :)

Since I have decided to open a new blog, maybe I will find more time to post some of the things that have been going on with me lately... Life hasn't been too exciting, but I guess I can do some reporting here :)

I am on my LAST SEMESTER of college... I can't believe it! Honestly I've never thought that I would get to this point, but here I am! Graduation is scheduled for April 9 and 10, and I am excited about it. The semester has been crazy, however. I have been working on my "capstone" project, which is a requirement for graduation here at BYU-Idaho.

The Capstone Project is an actual consulting project that we develop for a client. I am working on Palacio Magazine, a bi-lingual magazine that is distributed for FREE among many places in America. I have been working on that project with one other girl and so far we are doing good. Our project is organizing an internship open house at BYU-Idaho, and our guest speaker will be the Prudential CEO. So we are going about getting the event ready and advertised so we can attract a good crowd.

Aside from that, I am also taking a Web Business class, which has been a bit of a challenge for me, but I like it; a New Venture Creation Class, where I am learning some of the essential steps to start a new business; and the most fun of all: Clothing Construction (fancy name for sewing). I love that class! I always wanted to take a class that had NOTHING to do with my major and that's the one I picked. I was afraid at first, because it is a time-consuming class and also I wasn't sure whether I would be able to learn all the techniques, but I am loving it! It works like therapy for me and I can always use some therapy, right? ;)

The quest for finding a job is on. I am a little scared of the market right now, because unemployment rates have increased in the past couple years, as we are aware of, but I have faith that everything will work out for the best.

Life is good. I have been able to juggle school, work, and some social life as well. Nothing too exciting but I am trying not to be at home all the time like a vegetable. I have been sick for the past few weeks but I hope it will get better with some changes I am planning to make.

Well, I better save some stuff (not that I have that much anyways) for later :) In the meantime I better organize myself and get the last part of my midterm (yes, the midterm was divided in FOUR parts), ready for Wednesday :)

Happy Blogging!

1 comment:

Cynthia Pratt said...

I`m glad you have a positive perspective!